Netgear routers are the ideal product that can be utilized in any of your spaces, be it office or your home. These routers are manufactured to be able to meet up to all your networking needs with super ease. All it takes is a Router Login at the official site and you are good to go.
Free Problem Diagnostics Chat Support
24*7 Chat Support from our Online Technicians
Chat with Us!!
Free Support for Extender Setup Call TOLL FREE +1-844-583-2073
Router Login via Mobile App
You can easily perform your Router Login Via Mobile App named Nighthawk. You can conveniently access this app, through your Mobile or Tablet, after following these steps.
- Netgear has a special app by the name Nighthawk, look out for this app, on Google Play Store or Apple’s App Store.
- Download it on your phone.
- If you have an Orbi router you need to use the Orbi app. You have used this app when you were first setting up the mesh networking system.
- There are chances that you already have a Netgear Account. If yes, Log-in to your account.
- If not, then you can create a Netgear Account by opting for the ‘Create Account’ option on the main dial-up.
- For easily logging in to your router, you can enter the admin credentials for the router. Just as is the case when logging in from a PC.
- You require the username and password for your router.
- Do not forget that your Netgear account and your Netgear Router Login is entirely different.
- To complete your Router Login you need to insert the required details to Sign In.
- In case you do not remember your password, there’s a link presented to a Netgear support article that discusses what to do next.
- However, you can also see steps 3 and 4 from the instructions listed above for Netgear Router Login using a Web browser.
These were a few steps that you can follow to easily complete your Router Login. These steps can come super handy when you have to log-in to your Netgear Router.
You can also seek the help of our experts to help you install the extender by calling us at our toll-free customer service numbers or by chatting with them.
CALL US TODAY
Router Login Through PC or Laptop
You can easily perform the Router Login procedure with your PC or Laptop after following these steps. We have listed all the possible steps that you might have to take.
* Primary method
This is the most basic method to open the official site to perform your Router Login
- To begin with, you have to open your web browser and visit the official site.
- Locate the login window, and submit your username and password in this window.
- If you can not find the router login window or you unable to connect to the official site, you can choose the alternative method of logging in.
* Alternative method
In case the above method does not work, you can opt for this method. This is basically an alternative method to reach the official site for Router Login.
- Insert the IP address of your router in the URL bar of the browser.
- This will directly take you to the Official Site.
- Your IP address consists of a 4 – figure digital address having periods or decimals between each number.
- The IP address is the location of the local network of your router.
- The user manual that came along your router, has this IP address in it.
- In case, it isn’t found it can be searched using your PC.
After you are able to access the official site, a login window will pop up. This window requests your username and password. You just have to insert your credentials, then click ‘Sign in’, and Router Login will be complete. However, there is only one problem that can bother you over here. If you are unable to remember either your username or password. In such a case do the following steps.
- You can give the default values a try. The default values username as ‘admin’ and the password is ‘password’ for most routers.
- The default username and password are on the bottom of your router.
- Because of security reasons, it is beneficial to change and create your own username and password
- If you are not sure that you have ever changed the defaults or not, just try these default values.
- This time when you log in does not forget to change your Id and password in order to ensure security.
- If you are still unable to access your account, you’ll need to perform a password recovery.
After trying the username or password that you remember or the defaults for Router Login, if you are still unable to log in, then follow these steps.
- In the first step, click the Cancel tab on the login window that asks for your username and password.
- After this, a screen dialup for Router Password Recovery will appear if you opted for it earlier.
- This process requires the serial number of your router. Most probably, this Serial Number is on the underside of your device only.
- You will be asked a few security questions, that were selected by you earlier. After you have answered all the questions correctly, you get access to the password.
- In case you have not enabled the password recovery or you seem to forget the answer to the security questions, you need not panic.
- This problem has an easy solution – doing a Factory Reset on your Netgear Router.
- Factory Reset on your router will completely reset the username and password to the defaults.
- Carrying out a factory reset is quite easy. You just have to make sure that your router is on, and then reach out to the reset button which is most likely to be on the rear of the device.
- The reset button is actually a small hole in which you have to insert a paperclip and press down for seven seconds.
- The router is now reset to factory settings, and your previous settings will not appear. You can set up the device again from scratch.