Netgear routers are one of the best selling routers in the Network market. They are one of the finest routers that are designed with useful and advanced features. Their wide coverage, fast speed, and premium features make the Netgear routers the first choice of the users. For performing all the router functions, to customize the settings to fulfill all the needs, and to troubleshoot various issues, you must access the Router account. In order to reach your account, you need to go through the Router Login process. The following are the complete and user-friendly instructions, that will guide you all the way to reach your account successfully.
Free Problem Diagnostics Chat Support
24*7 Chat Support from our Online Technicians
Chat with Us!!
Free Support for Extender Setup Call TOLL FREE +1-844-583-2073
How to Perform the Netgear Router Login Process?
For enhancing your router user experience, accessing the account is a must. In order to reach your account and get your hands on all the premium features, you first have to select the desired web browser and open it. Then, proceed to the router login web page by entering “routerlogin.com”. Alternatively, you can also input “routerlogin.net” or “default IP Address” of your router as URL in the address bar. Once you reach the login web page, provide the default username and password and hit sign-in. This will successfully take you to your Netgear router account.
- Unable to reach the router account.
- Router login credentials error
- Slow network connection
- Forgotten the Login credentials
- The power light keeps blinking
- Faulty router configuration
You can also seek the help of our experts to help you install the extender by calling us at our toll-free customer service numbers or by chatting with them.
CALL US TODAY
If you are unable to reach the desired web page or you are getting the “Can’t Sign In” error or else, then you are at the right place. Here, you will get all the troubleshooting procedures that will help you to resolve the error quickly.
Before you begin with the troubleshooting procedures, you must know the reason behind them. The following are some of the common mistakes that cause the Router Login error. Try fixing these mistakes first. In case the error persists, then you can move to the other troubleshooting procedures.
- Incorrect Login URL: Entering the wrong URL will redirect you to some other web page. Hence, you must check the URL entered by you.
- Outdated Web Browser: For successful router login, you must keep your internet browser up-to-date. The outdated browser fails to redirect you to the sign-in window.
- Inappropriate router configuration: For reaching the Netgear router login webpage, your system must be connected with the Netgear router. If you have already established the connection, then check the cables. Make sure all the cables are attached in the right ports and no cable is loose.
- Browser’s History or Cache files: At times, the browser’s unwanted files show the login error. Hence, clear the cache files and history of your web browser.
- Firewall Settings: Another common reason behind login error is unwanted firewall interruptions. So, try removing the firewall settings from the home network and then sign in to your account.
- Wrong Login Credentials: For the initial router login, you must enter the default login credentials. You will find these default credentials on the backside of the router. The login credentials are case-sensitive, hence, be careful while you input the username and password.
In case, the Router Login error is still not resolved, then you have to move to the below-given troubleshooting steps.
- Access an internet browser and move to the login window.
- In the next window, click the “Cancel” button rather than entering the username and password.
- You will now then forwarded to the Router Password Reset window.
- In the given field, input the serial number of your purchased Netgear router. On the product label which is located at the base of your router, you will find your serial number.
- Check the serial number and invade it in the given field.
- Click “Continue”.
- Answer the security question for better security. The answer you provide must match the one that you have provided while selecting the question.
- Hit the “Continue” tab.
- Your login password will get changed to the default one. Now, enter the default credentials and try signing in.
- Power on your Netgear router.
- Turn your router backward to find the Factory Reset button.
- Press the button for around seven seconds and then release it.
- This will update all the settings to default.
For a successful router login, you must need a high-speed network connection. Hence, check the network connection and fix it to resolve the error.
- Remove the ethernet and power cable both from the router and computer system.
- Wait for a few minutes, say five minutes.
- Then, plug in the cables to both the devices and turn them on by pressing their power button.
- Establish a connection between your computer and the router.
➜ Along with this, you can also try the following to improve the network connection :
- * Attach the antennas that come up with your router. This will expand your WiFi signals and will increase the speed.
- * Remove the unnecessary obstacles that are coming in between your Netgear router and computer.
- * Keep both router and modem at some distance to avoid signals clashing.