Netgear WiFi Extender Setup
With the help from the following methods of Netgear WiFi Extender Setup, get started with extended impeccable connectivity.
Free Problem Diagnostics Chat Support
24*7 Chat Support from our Online Technicians
Chat with Us!!
Free Support for Extender Setup Call TOLL FREE +1-844-583-2073
Netgear WiFi Extender Setup Via WPS
To set up your router device via the WPS button, you can follow this procedure. Read the step by step guide for this procedure below.
- You have to begin with unboxing your product carefully.
- Now provide power supply to the extender.
- In order to provide for smooth completion of this process, we recommend you to plug in the WiFi Extender in the same room as of your router.
- For this process, you need to check if your router supports WPS setup. Look for the WPS button on the front or back depending upon your router.
- If you find a WPS button on your router, press and hold for a few seconds to turn it on.
- Your WiFi Extender has a WPS LED, this light indicates the connection of your Wifi Extender to the Router.
- If the Router has successfully been connected to your WiFi Extender, the WPS LED on your WiFi Extender will turn solid green.
- Verify if your WiFi Router supports the 5GHz band. In case it does and you want to extend this band Repeat the WPS process one more time.
- Now, unplug the extender. You can now move it to a new location.
- This new location should preferably be halfway from both your Router and the device you wish to connect.
- Keep in mind that this location should be within the reach of your WiFi Router.
- Take your extender to a new location and plug it into a new location. Now turn the power on.
- Wait for the extender to switch on properly.
- The Router link LED that is present on your WiFi Extender will tell you the status of your connection with the router.
- When you find an ideal location for your extender, the light is amber or gold.
- You need to try shifting the device more towards the range of the router when the light is red.
- This enhances your WiFi Extender’s connectivity with the Router.
- Set your device in an ideal location. Now, bring the device that you wish to connect close to your WiFi Extender.
- The extender uses your existing WiFi name. However, it adds “_2GEXT” or “_5GEXT” to the existing name in the end.
- Click on the connect icon, and you will be asked to enter your password.
- Your password is just the same as your WiFi. Enter that and make sure to choose the auto-connect option for further use.
- Also, connect a mobile device with the WiFi Extender.
- You now have to move this mobile device to a zone that was either previously dead or had less connectivity.
- After you have connected your device properly and placed it in a dead zone you have to return back to your WiFI extender.
- Check the device light for the connectivity status of your device. When the light is green or amber, your WiFi network has been properly extended.
You can also seek the help of our experts to help you install the extender by calling us at our toll-free customer service numbers or by chatting with them.
CALL US TODAY
Netgear WiFi Extender Setup Via Netgear Installation Assistant
For any of the methods that you opt for, you need to first unbox your extender and plug it into a power socket the same way. The only difference in the procedure of Netgear WiFi Extender Setup is based on the way you connect the Router and the WiFi extender. In case your router does not support WPS you have to opt for Netgear Installation Assistant. In such a case, you need to follow these steps.
- After you don’t find the WPS button, you can opt for this method. For this, you have to first connect your device such as a laptop or PC to the extender. This is generally by two methods, either by using a wired Ethernet or WiFi connection.
- To use an Ethernet cable you have to connect the Ethernet port on the WiFi extender to an Ethernet port on your computer.
- Or you can go for the WiFi method to connect. On your WiFi-enabled device, open the WiFi connection manager and locate and connect to the WiFi extender network called NETGEAR_EXT.
- Once the connection with your WiFi-enabled device is established, the Client Link LED will turn amber or green.
- Open a web browser, on your device.
- Visit the Official Site of your WiFi Extender.
- The New Netgear WiFi Extender Setup page now displays.
- As soon as you click the “New Netgear WiFi Extender Setup” button; a “Create Account” form opens up.
- Fill the Field and click the “Next” icon.
- Position the Access Point/Extender switch to Extender and then click the Continue icon.
- Select the network of your router that you wish to extend and then, click the “Next” button.
- In case, you do not wish to extend both WiFi bands, clear the 2.4 GHz WiFi Networks or the 5 GHz WiFi Networks checkbox.
- In the field for Password, type the router’s existing WiFi network password and click the “Next” button.
- Set the network name (SSID) and password for your WiFi extender and click the “Next” button.
- It will easier if you enable the One WiFi Name feature. This will access the extender to use the same SSID and password as your existing router.
- Wait for the page to display a list of new extender WiFi networks, which might take some time.
- Connect your WiFi-enabled device, to the new extender WiFi network with the help of SSID and password that you created. If you enabled One WiFi Name, connect to your router’s WiFi name and password.
- Make sure that your WiFi-enabled device is successfully connected before you click the “Continue” icon.
- Click the “Continue” icon.
- You will see a new screen now that confirms your successful connection.
- Now you can move your device and check the connectivity just the same way that is mentioned above.
This concludes the process of Netgear WiFi Extender Setup You can now enjoy your WiFi Network with seamless internet speed.