Netgear Router Setup
Netgear Routers are the safest and most trusted choice of users when you have to ensure seamless network connectivity. These routers are designed keeping all your networking needs in mind. This is the factor that makes Netgear Routers a standout product. You can completely rely on these services. One more major plus point that these routers have is ease of use. You can conveniently set up your router on your own. For Netgear Router Setup, read the following steps.
Free Problem Diagnostics Chat Support
24*7 Chat Support from our Online Technicians
Chat with Us!!
Free Support for Extender Setup Call TOLL FREE +1-844-583-2073
The process of Netgear Router Setup
The process of Netgear Router Setup with the help of your PC or Laptop is very simple, just these steps.
- Firstly, start with connecting your router to the ethernet network connectivity. Take the Ethernet cable from your cable modem or DSL. Now connect this ethernet cable to the Internet port of your Netgear Router.
- Plugin your router to the electric socket and switch it on.
- Hold on for a few seconds, so that the LED lights on the panel of your router to be stably on.
- Now, you have 2 options to connect your laptop or PC to your Wi-Fi.
- Either, You can use a cable to connect, Or you can connect in wirelessly, via default credentials.
- The back panel or the bottom panel of your laptop or PC has a description of the preset wireless settings of your Netgear router.
- In your laptop or PC, open the Wi-Fi connection manager.
- Enter the default SSID or WiFi network name of your Netgear router. You will find this default name and password on your router.
- Thereafter, Hit the connect button and you will be connected to your router.
- On your device, open any web browser, like Safari, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome.
- The Netgear Genie window will pop-up on your screen.
- If the Netgear Genie window fails to appear, click the address bar and type www.routerlogin.net and press enter.
- The instruction booklet provided with the router has your IP address. This IP address can also be used to access the website.
- Use the default username which is admin and the default password is the password to log in. Now click on the “Sign-In” Icon.
- Now the Netgear Genie will configure the device. This will only a few seconds.
- As a result, a “Congratulations” screen will appear.
- Click “Take me to the Internet” icon to affirm that your connection.
- Hence, your www.routerlogin.net Setup is now complete.
- Now, close all tabs, and reopen your web browser.
- Login to your account one more time using the default username and password only.
- Now, you can use this account to modify all settings related to the router as per your preferences
Using the Nighthawk app, you can always maintain your Netgear account, modify its settings of your router. The Nighthawk app also comes handy to keep the firmware of your device updated.
You can also seek the help of our experts to help you install the extender by calling us at our toll-free customer service numbers or by chatting with them.
CALL US TODAY
Netgear Router Setup Using Mobile or Tablet
Your Mobile or Tablet can easily be used in Setting up your Netgear Router. Follow the steps that are given below.
- Look out for the NightHawk App the “Google Play Store” or “Apple App Store”. The app is available for free download.
- As per the alignment of your device, attach the provided antennas.
- Now, connect the Internet port to your router.
- Take the power cable of your router and plug it into the wall socket.
- Allow a few seconds for the Wi-Fi LED lights to adjust to normal.
- Thereafter, ensure that your device has a connection with your router’s Wi-Fi network.
- You can do that using the default SSID and password that is available on your router.
- Now, launch the Netgear Nighthawk app on your mobile.
- You will get two icons to appear before you, “Existing User” or “New System Setup”. The “New System Setup” option is the one you have to select.
- The instructions that will appear now, will guide you to steps to Reboot your modem just follow them.
- From your cable modem or DSL, take the Ethernet cable and plug it into the Internet port of your Netgear Router.
- Once your device has completed the reboot process, reconnect your device to your router using your device’s Wi-Fi availability.
- For this, you have to use the default user name and password. You will find these defaults somewhere on your router.
- Return to the app to complete the installation process.
- Consequently, the app will now help you to personalize your Wi-Fi settings.
- You can also select the password recovery questions for your admin credentials in case you forget them in the future.
- Since you have changed the Wi-Fi connection credentials you have to connect your device to your router one more time.
- The last step in the setup process is to check for the firmware updates.
- If there are any updates available then click the “Update and Install” Icon.
- Once this update is over, your Netgear Router Setup is complete.
- You can use your router now and connect to any device.