Free Problem Diagnostics Chat Support
24*7 Chat Support from our Online Technicians
Chat with Us!!
Free Support for Extender Setup Call TOLL FREE +1-844-583-2073
Points to remember while doing Netgear Extender Setup
- Be very careful while unboxing your Netgear Wi-Fi Extender.
- Hook up your Extender into a power source while turning it on.
- Never set up your Extender when there is low voltage or high voltage.
- After turning on your extender there should be one green light on the extender. If you see more than one green light you have to reset the extender to the factory settings.
- Also, ensure that your Netgear Extender should be placed closer to the main Wi-Fi router at the time of setup.
- Make sure that during the entire Netgear Extender setup process, you must be connected to a high-speed internet connection.
You can also seek the help of our experts to help you install the extender by calling us at our toll-free customer service numbers or by chatting with them.
CALL US TODAY
Guidelines for Netgear Extender Setup via Mywifiext
- Begin the Netgear Extender setup process by firstly unboxing the extender.
- Thereafter, you need to remove all the tapes and packaging material from the extender carefully.
- Now, you have to turn on your Netgear Range Extender. For this, you are supposed to connect your range extender to a power source.
- After turning on your extender, you need to connect your computer, with the Netgear extender using either the ethernet cable or the Wi-Fi connection.
- For connecting your extender to the computer take the ethernet cable that comes with your product. Connect one end of the cable to the extender and another end to the computer.
- Otherwise, you can connect your extender with the computer using the router’s Wi-Fi connection. For this, on your computer, go to the Wi-Fi connection manager and then connect to your wi-fi connection network i.e “ “Netgear_ EXT”.
- To reach the official website enter “Mywifiext.net” for the extender set up in the Address bar.
- Press the Enter key on your keyboard.
- In the upcoming window, you have to click on the “New Extender Setup” tab. You will locate this tab at the very bottom of the page.
- Thereafter, for the Netgear extender setup, you have two options “Wi-Fi Range Extender” or “Access Point”. You can opt for any of this option for the extender setup.
- Further, select the “Wi-fi Range Extender” tab and move on with the procedure.
- Make an appropriate choice of the Netgear router wifi connection from the list of options available. After this, click the “Next” tab from the bottom of the page.
- In the following window, you must have to enter your router’s password accurately. Once again, click the “Next” tab.
- Select the Netgear extender network name and password from the list of options.
- If required, you can reset the password. Click “Next”.
- The next window will display all the details regarding your Netgear extender on the screen. From there, you need to cross-check the details carefully.
- With this, your Netgear extender setup process completes.
- Once your setup process is complete you have to relocate your Netgear extender. For this, move your extender to a new location which should be halfway between your router and to the computing device to which you want to connect.
- Along with this, ensure the router’s location is not too far from the wi-fi connectivity.
- After moving it to a new location where you are getting the good Wi-Fi connectivity you have to plug in the extender in the electric socket. Turn the power on.
- In order to find that you get the apt location for your extender to make sure that the power LED light on the extender is green in color. In case, you find the red light on the extender you need to move your extender closer to the network range of your router.
- Thereafter, you have to re-establish the connection of your extender. For this, re-connect to the Netgear extender’s network by clicking on the wi-fi network connection on your computing device.
- Select the wi-fi connection from the list of available networks from your computer screen. After selecting your wi-fi network, enter the password for the same in order to connect it successfully.
- After entering the password accurately tap the “Connect” tab in order to connect to the router wifi connection successfully.
In this way, using the above-mentioned procedure you can easily set up your Netgear Range Extender via Mywifiext. Also, you can enjoy uninterrupted internet speed on your Wi-Fi Network.