Netgear Extender Setup
WiFi Range Extenders proves exceptionally useful in boosting the quality and range of your existing Network. These are compact devices that enhance the overall experience of your existing Internet Network. Netgear provides some of the most advanced and robust Extenders for its users. In order to get the best out of your Netgear Extender, all you have to do is perform a convenient Netgear Extender Setup.
Free Problem Diagnostics Chat Support
24*7 Chat Support from our Online Technicians
Chat with Us!!
Free Support for Extender Setup Call TOLL FREE +1-844-583-2073
When To Get An Extender?
Netgear Extender Setup is required only in case of connectivity issues with your existing WiFi Network. In other words, you should get a Netgear Extender only if your WiFi Device is placed in a “Dead Zone”. In short, your existing Network’s Connection is poor or non-existent at this location. In such a situation, you must go for Netgear Extenders.
Functioning Of An Extender
Netgear Extender bridges up connectivity gaps between your WiFi Router/ WiFi Access Point and a Computing Device located beyond the Router’s range. Primarily, it works in two ways as mentioned below.
➥ As a Network Extender
It simply connects to your existing WiFi Network and amplifies its range to give you enhanced coverage. In other words, it connects to the Network like any other WiFi Device as a Network Client.
➥ As A WiFi Access Point
Apart from that, it can also be used as a WiFi Access Point like your WiFi Router. To put it in simple terms, it communicates its own WiFi Network. Other WiFi Devices connect to its Network instead of connecting to your Router’s Network. In this way, it acts like your WiFi Router.
You can also seek the help of our experts to help you install the extender by calling us at our toll-free customer service numbers or by chatting with them.
CALL US TODAY
How To Perform Netgear Extender Setup?
You can perform Netgear Extender Setup in two ways depending upon the infrastructure of your Router/ Network Access Point. For instance, go for the WPS Connection Method only if your Router has a physical push button for WPS. Otherwise, opt for the Installation Assistant or Web Browser Setup. However, before proceeding further, make sure that you have already registered your Netgear Extender at “netgear.com/mynetgear”.
This is the most simple and preferred method for Netgear Extender Setup.
- To begin with, clear your Extender from all the packaging material.
- For the purpose of Netgear Extender Setup, place the Extender close to your Router.
- Now, connect it to a stable Power Source.
- Next, you must press its Power button. This should bring up its Power LED with a green colour light.
- Simultaneously, turn on your Router and Computer.
- On your Extender, you will have to press the WPS button. You will find it besides the Power button.
- Following that, approach your Router. Then, press and hold its WPS button. Make sure to perform this task within two minutes of the last step.
- Release the Router’s WPS button only when the WPS LED on your Extender lights up. You must get a Green/ Amber coloured stable light.
- With this, your Router and Extender are successfully connected.
- However, you will have to repeat this process if your Router works on dual band.
- After that, you can place the Extender to any preferred location. For this, unplug the Device.
- Then, place it at a preferred location. After that, turn it on. Ideally, it should be placed between the Router and WiFi Device that is experiencing connectivity issues.
- You can use the Router Link LED on your Extender to determine the same. It must turn to a stable Green/ Amber light.
- In case of a Red or blinking light, place the Extender to a more appropriate location.
- Now, connect your Computer to the Extender’s Network.
- As a result, its Client Link LED must also turn up to confirm the completion of Netgear Extender Setup.
- Unbox the Extender and place it near your Router.
- Turn it on after connecting to a stable Power Source.
- Turn on your Router and the Computer.
- Connect the Router with the Computer by means of its WiFi Connection or the Ethernet Cable.
- On your Computer, open a Web Browser.
- Then, visit “mywifiext.net”.
- Select “Netgear Extender Setup” followed by “WiFi Range Extender”.
- The following window brings up a list of Router Networks available for Netgear Extender Setup. Hence, select your Home Network.
- Enter its corresponding Password.
- Click “Next”.
- Check the credentials of your Extender’s Network on the following window. Here, you can also reset its “Password”.
- Once again, click “Next”.
- As a result, it will establish connection for Netgear Extender Setup.
- Thereafter, relocate the Extender to a preferred location. Then, connect it to your Home network.